What is Yoga Nidra
Yoga Nidra is ancient meditation technique originated in India. Yoga exists more than 5000 years and came from the Sanskrit word yuj which means integrate. The word Nidra means special kind of wakeful sleep. The name of Yoga Nidra associated with the world famous yoga adept Swami Satyananda Saraswati. He adopts ancient yogis teaching and suggests new meditation technique with wakeful sleep. Modern Yoga Nidra is very powerful relaxation technique that allows to recharge, rejuvenate and fight stress. Keep in mind that yoga has nothing in common with Astrology, although it is one of the most popular statements.
Yoga Nidra is a special sleeping state where body remain in the normally motionless state associated with deep sleep but mind remains conscious. This relaxation method looks like a meditation but not to just a simple sleep. You mind Guided by a teacher's voice should pass throw the body and identify sensations throughout your body. Ideally body doesn't move and remaining in a state of relaxed awareness. Practiced in the lying position help you body to release deeply held tensions, some of which you may not even be know. Today, Yoga Nidra is a method which provides deep aware in you, layer by layer. Process of deep relaxation called introversion or Prathyahara on Sanskrit. Yoga Nidra takes your awareness deeply into a part of you that normally can't access due to the tension. You systematically relaxing each part of body, and move your mind to more subtle layers.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra
Yoga Nidra is very useful practice for health which has a lot of positive impacts on body and mind. Scientists have made a lot of research on the impacts of meditation for sleep and health. There are some most significant benefits of Yoga Nidra:
- Yoga Nidra helps people to achieve deep relaxation at all levels
- Regular practice improves quality of sleep and removing deep tensions
- Yoga Nidra could be used to modify nature of mind to positive perception
- Meditation practice increases efficiency of work
- Yoga Nidra practice give people clear mind and union with nature
- Practice of Yoga accelerates process of learning and and improve memory
- You body became stronger and better resists to disease